Are you a new reader on this blog?

We are following a plan to read through the bible in one year. you don't have to worry if you fall behind or if you are starting late. Start at the beginning or, if you already started, pick up where you left off and follow along.
People just starting this goal often get bogged down in details, go slow, and eventually quit because it's to hard to reach the end. Remember that it doesn't have to be in one year. When you fall behind just keep going. As you get used to reading you will find yourself going faster and farther and may even catch up.
The first time I did this it took me over 18 months. The last time it took just over 2 months. This time I'm pacing myself to 1 year so others can follow along. Join the quest

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Exodus chapters 3-6

God’s message to me: Never worry about what you will say to share the Gospel. When the time comes, God will give you the words. This was one of my more foolish arguments with God. When called to the ministry I argued I wasn’t knowledgeable and couldn't’ express the ideas. God brought me to a friends house as the friend was witnessing to a Muslim. God guided me through the bible to the prophecies of Christ and the passages which answered his questions and arguments. It was more than a year later before he came to be saved but, by guiding me to so many passages I hadn’t realized I had learned, God showed me he could put the words in my mouth and the knowledge in my hand that I would need when the time came.

Promises: My job is just to be a messenger. God will change the hearts. That is His job.

Commands: Deliver God’s message. No matter what. No matter how often the message is ignored, no matter how much ridicule and oppression I receive for giving the message, I must do my job.

Timeless principles:I AM” God is the uncaused cause. Creator of everything and not created himself. God has always been and always will be. Philosophy and logic do not apply to this concept. They only confuse and obscure it. Many theories have been given as to how the universe came to be but none, when carried to their logical conclusion, can deny that it began with the conscious will of a supreme creator. One who was there all along and not created by another.

more to learn for in-depth study: It’s just about time for another time chart. We are coming to the end of Egyptian captivity. In order to understand the timing, the history, the fulfillment of prophecy and the documentation of the history I will be adding a timeline with some explanation in the next few days. Many of the details will be filled in in from today's study but, specific timing goes on through the entire book of Exodus until the 40years in the wilderness. From there we will take a break from timelines until Joshua except to clarify a few points of the line in the book of Numbers, which is a census and genealogy of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment