Are you a new reader on this blog?

We are following a plan to read through the bible in one year. you don't have to worry if you fall behind or if you are starting late. Start at the beginning or, if you already started, pick up where you left off and follow along.
People just starting this goal often get bogged down in details, go slow, and eventually quit because it's to hard to reach the end. Remember that it doesn't have to be in one year. When you fall behind just keep going. As you get used to reading you will find yourself going faster and farther and may even catch up.
The first time I did this it took me over 18 months. The last time it took just over 2 months. This time I'm pacing myself to 1 year so others can follow along. Join the quest

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Deuteronomy 32

God’s message to me: It is only a matter of time before God takes His revenge on those who stand against Him. I am among the first to, mistakenly, become jealous of the prosperity enjoyed by people doing things wrong. It never fails to aggravate me when I see some lazy, dope smoking leach on society who lives off welfare because he’s to high to work and he lives better than me. When I see some young punk doing nothing right sit in front of His plasma TV playing on his X-Box 360 while I work my but off and barely scrape by in one of the countries best paying professions I get mad. Over time I have learned that it is unnecessary.

Their lifestyle is unsustainable and those who live off crime and fraud are doomed to early death, prison terms, suffering and victim hood in the end. God is not mocked. Your enemies will be defeated before you and they will not prosper over you. Accept this and place your faith in God for your prosperity and you will see them on the bottom when you are living the life of pleasure.

When the prosperity God promised comes, you must not forget God’s part in it. If you take your leisure and forget the source. When you turn your worship from the Provider to the provided you will quickly find yourself on the bottom with all the other losers who stood against God in their prosperity.

Promises: God will defeat your enemies and bring you prosperity beyond theirs.

Commands: Never forget the Source of your victory and prosperity. God will not be forgotten and His reminders are not pleasant. If you only remember Him in times of crises then times of crises are all you will live.

Timeless principles: God can take you from the desert of failure and set you as the jewel of nations that everyone looks up to. “The shining city on a hill” is not a Reagan-ism it is a biblical image of what God can do for those who do not lose sight of Him.

How can I apply what I’ve learned: Trust God for my victory and my prosperity. Know that He will provide all my needs and protect me from all harm. never forget the source of my strength when I am brought to the prosperity that God has desired for me.

tomorrow: Deuteronomy 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment