Are you a new reader on this blog?

We are following a plan to read through the bible in one year. you don't have to worry if you fall behind or if you are starting late. Start at the beginning or, if you already started, pick up where you left off and follow along.
People just starting this goal often get bogged down in details, go slow, and eventually quit because it's to hard to reach the end. Remember that it doesn't have to be in one year. When you fall behind just keep going. As you get used to reading you will find yourself going faster and farther and may even catch up.
The first time I did this it took me over 18 months. The last time it took just over 2 months. This time I'm pacing myself to 1 year so others can follow along. Join the quest

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Chronicles 4-6

God’s message to me: God has set aside an inheritance for me. All I have to do is ask for it.

Promises: Ask and it will be given to you. “Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez (meaning He will cause pain) saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from Evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.

Commands: The commands were given to the Israelites. They were to provide cities for the Levites and cities of refuge for the man slayer. Those cities and how they were dispersed are described here.

Timeless principles: God has plans to prosper you not to harm you. The Promised land for the Israelites, it’s individual territories for each tribe, it’s cities for each family, the cities of the Levites throughout the land and the cities of refuge to ensure justice would be measured with mercy when appropriate.

How can I apply what I’ve learned: Ask God for what I want and don’t be afraid to claim it when He gives it to me.

more to learn for in-depth study: here is a passage that launched a movement, not to mention a best selling book and a string of merchandise. The Prayer of Jabez. 1 Chronicles 4:9-10.

tomorrow: First Chronicles 7-9

finally caught up. Now to get ahead so that you will have a new blog each day even when I am busy prepping music for the Revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment