Are you a new reader on this blog?

We are following a plan to read through the bible in one year. you don't have to worry if you fall behind or if you are starting late. Start at the beginning or, if you already started, pick up where you left off and follow along.
People just starting this goal often get bogged down in details, go slow, and eventually quit because it's to hard to reach the end. Remember that it doesn't have to be in one year. When you fall behind just keep going. As you get used to reading you will find yourself going faster and farther and may even catch up.
The first time I did this it took me over 18 months. The last time it took just over 2 months. This time I'm pacing myself to 1 year so others can follow along. Join the quest

Monday, February 9, 2009

That other resolution

My wife has been craving Ice Cream for weeks and so we have some here. Frankly, I don't like this brand much but, portion control is still a little troublesome with Ice Cream. Even so I have lost some. The water here is getting worse. I guess I need to get a filter or quit rationing the bottled. Weighing in this week at 233.8 pounds. 33.8 pounds left on my goal with an estimated goal time of 17 weeks or less. I should get down to 200 pounds by June 8. By that time I will be out driving the Ice cream truck. Luckily, I don't get tempted much to eat the novelties on my truck. When I do it's normally a low fat, low calorie Popsicle of some sort.

Here's a tip. Flav-O-Ice type freezer pops are very low calorie, portion controlled snacks. You can have one on the points system for free and the sweet flavor is a great way to get past the craving for deserts and high calorie snacks. Their cheap too.

Looking back I see I have cut back on my goal in this post. I should be shooting for 2.5#/week which would get me to my goal at least 5 weeks faster and in better time for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment